The library for interacting with an Ethereum ABI
An example of a smart contract
Information about the contract
Checking the cost of ether to gas
Listing your key
Creating a new wallet
Set your default ether wallet
Override your default ether wallet
Importing a contract for crypto kitties
Reading from the blockchain is free.
- ethTransactionView quip getQuip 0
ethTransactionView cryptokitties totalSupply
Writing to the blockchain requires the creation of a transaction. Creating transactions require gas.
ethTransactionInvoke quip addQuip “This is pretty boomz”
Ether has a fluctuating exchange rate for gas. Paying higher gas ensures transaction gets prioritized and mined.
Sending ether to an address
ethTransactionEtherSend MY_ETH_KEYSTORE 0.01 ether
Checking balance in an ether wallet. Balances in all wallets are public
To send money to your local wallet from coinbase simply send the money to that address from your own coinbase account.
Checking the balance of your contract currency (etherscan)
- erc20Balance CONTRACT_NUMBER
- for DAI: erc20Balance 0x89d24a6b4ccb1b6faa2625fe562bdd9a23260359
- for Ethereum Classic: erc20Balance 0xa8c2753427b82418917b46b63718482833e579f3
creating a new coin
- use Solidity as a programming language
- always emit an event which generate logs that are free to read
- Etherscan is subjected to man in the middle attack. Important to encrypt your transactions using TLS
The creator has generally been working on this alone and its a lonely experience. This seems to be common phenomena for creators