Skip to content
- Business investments slowed
- Manufacturing has slowed
- Exports has slowed
- Unemployment rate remains at historical low
- Wage increases of 3.7% observed at non supervisory production sectors.
- Flexible deployment of jobs to low cost areas remains a strong downwards pressure.
- Correlation between inflation and unemployment is at 0.1
Repo market concerns
- Repo markets issue being looked into. Reviewing regulations that are hindering repo market operations by major banks
- Will meanwhile continue purchase of treasury bills to provide necessary liquidity
Key long term deflationary pressure on the world economy
- Globalization versus trade inhibiting government policies
- Aging population