- A man who takes away the freedom of another man is a prisoner of hatred
- To make peace with an enemy, one must work with that enemy. The enemy becomes one’s partner
- After being branded a radical revolutionary, to be perceived as a moderate was a novel experience. I knew I could react in one of two ways, i could choose to scold him for his impertinence or choose to listen to him. I choose the latter.
- In family issues we remain friends but Politically we are in opposite and antagonistic camps
- Like the reign of all great leaders, he keep his people united. People of all walks of life and different points of views all remained loyal to him not because they all agreed with him but because he listened to and respected all different opinions
- There is nothing like returning to a place unchanged only to find ways in which you yourself has altered