Noticing a discrepancy between Eurasian looking younger females in the streets of Osaka and a lack thereof in the more mature demographic, I chanced upon this discovery.
Japanese technique for makeup is way on the cutting edge…
Application of this technique elicits dopamine from the human brain when the original gene expression does not.
A similar Nobel prize winning experiment by Tinberger was performed on seagull chics. In the experiment, subjects were presented with a metal beak painted three red dots instead of two driving these chics into a wild pecking frenzy.
Wind speeds across inland California has a negative correlation with public utility company share prices.
Our infrastructure is constructed above ground to avoid disruption from earthquakes when they occur. This makes them susceptible to producing sparks when strong winds blow. Combine that with increasingly dry weather conditions caused by climate change and we have the perfect recipe for power disruptions either by fire hazards or controlled shut downs.
Utilities are natural monopolies in their region of operations giving them very inelastic demand curves.
They also happen to be public companies which incentivized them to optimize performance for the short term thereby on a quarterly basis. This thus leaves them disincentivized to invest for the long run (aka infrastructure upgrade) without active government intervention.
The government does actively intervene when circumstances go awry. They need these companies to continue operating least the whole population plunges back to the Stone Age. The previous instance was when the same utilities went bankrupt during the 2003 oil crisis when prices shot into the stratosphere. They ended up on the receiving end of a government bail out.
In a nutshell, the residents are basically setup to bear the brunt of this shit show.
The last time I walked under one of those power lines on a windy day, the sound of those sizzling brought a chill down my spine
- Wildfire (fire)
- Wind speed
- Humidity levels
- Vegetation density
- Tornados (air)
- Earthquakes (earth)
- Floods (water)
- Hurricanes (water/air)
- Tsunami (water/earth)
- Loss aversion and reversion to mean strategy resulting from hyper media coverage, Gary Teh
- Timing entry into loss aversion positions, Gary Teh
- Constraints on world GDP levels and climate change, Gary Teh
- PG&E elevated electricity customers paid above-market prices for several years to cancel off debt post the 2001 bankruptcy, Wikipedia
- Break throughs in fundamental science
- Level of human population
- Size of geographical mass under occupation – currently Earth
- monetary and credit supply levels
- proliferation of scientific techniques
- full proliferation results in zero or negative ROI when further credit is employed
- ease of population, trade and credit/money flows around the world
Attempt at reasoning increased magnitude of storm patterns
- the northern hemisphere shifts from summer to autumn,
- the Southern Hemisphere from winter to spring and
- the equator is the hottest.
That happens to be during August and September.
Approaches to capping out the magnitude of the storm
- Reduce the surface area of the water body the storm is allowed to build up momentum over. Reducing water supply in the ocean by freezing them up.
- Reduce the delta between the hottest and coldest temperature during the year. Reduce the amount of heat trapped within the earth’s atmosphere.