MeetUp.com observed to have significantly penetrated Japan.
A quick study shows significant levels of liquidity on both the supply and demand side for this two sided market place in major cities of Japan.
Acquisition model attributes
- Primary acquisition channel: SEO
- Primary use case: interest groups as an excuse to practice English.
- Retention pattern: Weekly recurring usage
Other noteworthy mobile user behavior
Primary data observed glancing over the shoulders of mobile users in crowded trains
recurring use cases
- Reading comic
- playing mobile games
- reading up news on Google News
- social media (Facebook)
- No significant usage of music listening via ear phones on trains.